Choosing the right promotional product to give away at tradeshow or event is more complicated than simply placing your business’s name on a ball point pen. It requires marketing savvy, solid budgeting, and an understanding of your potential clients.
Though much of this deliberation can be done internally, often it is best to consult with marketing professionals. For example, J&R Marketing will answer any of your questions about choosing the right promo product. They can even design your artwork or logo.
What to discuss with your marketing consultant
1. Your budget. You will have to find the middle ground between recognizably cheap products, and overpaying for a product that may be thrown away. Do try to have two different promotional giveaway items.
2. Products that have a practical daily use are best, as they will help increase brand awareness. For items that can be used daily, you might consider getting a better quality so potential customers will be looking at your brand for longer.
3. Always include contact information. Here, the size of the product becomes important because it should fit all relevant information: business name, email, and phone number.
4. Know your audience. Find out the number of attendees at the venue your attending so you can determine how much to buy. You don’t want to run out of promotional products before the session is over.
5. Customer service is important when making your purchase. Be advised not to purchase a large quantity without speaking to a representative. Make sure you are getting quality products that will feature your business information and best increase brand awareness.
6. Establish a follow up. A successful promotional product will inevitably lead the consumer to your website. Give potential client a reason to visit your site.
Now you are not going to get business from everyone who walks away with your promo product. However, you should still strive to create a positive image of your business and brand. Consider marketing and promotional products companies like J&R Marketing for amazing customer service and quality products.