07 Jan What to Ask When Choosing Your Website Designer
For your business to succeed, you need a well designed, well thought out, results-driven website, which means you must carefully choose the website development company you want to work with. Here are some things you should take into consideration:
What can they achieve?
If you want an effective website that ranks highly on website searches, you need to employ a company that can work on your project from its inception right through to launch and beyond.
- Can they produce a website in line with current industry standards?
- Can they produce a customized website to meet your needs?
- Do they have experience in system integration and advanced coding skills?
- Do they have proven SEO experience to ensure the final website ranks highly?
- Do they have experienced website copywriters to ensure website content is engaging and effective?
What qualifications do they have?
You need to be confident that the company you choose has qualified professionals with the experience needed to deliver on what they promise.
- Have the team members got recognized qualifications, experience, or other credentials that prove their competence in website development?
- Have they created innovative solutions to problems during a website design project?
- Have they worked for any official bodies, such as governmental offices?
What do previous clients say about them?
Seek out testimonials from previous clients. You need to be confident that they can deliver, and satisfied clients are a great endorsement for any company.
- What types of businesses have they worked with before?
- Do they have long-term working relationships with clients?
- Do they have the sufficient experience and expertise to create an effective website for your industry?
- Do you like the websites they have produced before?
- Have they got hard data to show the results they have achieved for other clients, such as low bounce rates and high conversions and rankings?
Do you like them?
It is imperative that you meet the website development team before you hire them. Find out more about the individuals who will be working on your project and how the project will be managed.
- Which specific individuals will be working on your project? Are they fully qualified?
- Are they enthusiastic about producing the best results possible for you?
- Will they take your business goals into consideration to produce a website that best meets your needs?
- Who in particular will run the project and how will they keep you updated on progress?
How much will they charge?
Ensure that the charges included, method of payment and terms of the agreement are clear up front.
- Have you got full details of everything that the project will entail and a corresponding fee?
- Will you own the website or will you have to pay an ongoing license?
- How long will the project take?
- Do you have prices for any additional extras that you may require once the initial project is completed?
Is the company financially stable?
Once your website is completed and launched, you will still need support regarding website maintenance and future developments. So make sure you choose a website development company that is financially stable.
- Who owns the company, is it well established and who are its shareholders?
- Is it sufficiently financially healthy to allow it to ride out any lean periods, when new projects are thin on the ground?
To ensure your final website is more than you hoped for, looks great, ranks highly, engages your visitors and persuades them to convert, take into account the considerations above when choosing your website development company. A large company that is growing and expanding typically does not need the same type of website that a small business needs, and it’s always important to make sure you select a company that focuses on your specific needs. At J&R Marketing, we always look at each project based on the specific needs of our customer.